Single Speed Centrifugation
Mechanical Time Control
- Horizontal Centrifugation
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Mechanical Timer
- Single Speed
- 3380 Max RPM
- 1600 xg Max RCF
- UL Listed
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
The Model 642B is Drucker Diagnostics’ most affordable centrifuge. Including all of the benefits of Drucker’s horizontal sample processing, the 642B uses Drucker’s patented horizontal rotor technology, advanced engineering materials, and an advanced cooling system to ensure that high quality sample separations are achieved and maintained throughout sample transport and analysis.
0Model 642B Features
- Mechanical Timer – 1 minute to 30 minutes allows for a wide range of applications
- Horizontal Rotor – High quality separations for up to six (6) tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 10 mL; up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance stability
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Side Walls – Glass fiber reinforced nylon and high impact polycarbonate provide dual layers of safety protection
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US and Canadian safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 10 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 80 Seconds
- Timer – Mechanical, 1 to 30 Minutes; Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 (± 10) Volts
- Frequency – 60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- 3,380 RPM with 75 mm (Green) Tube Holders
- 3,380 RPM with 100 mm (Red) Tube Holders
- 1,265 xg with 75 mm (Green) Tube Holders
- 1,600 xg with 100 mm (Red) Tube Holders
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Model 642B differ from the 642E?
The Model 642B Centrifuge uses a mechanical timer for controlling the cycle time and the lid is non-locking.
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642B?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.
Compatible With –
Designed, built, and supported in the USA