Rotor and Tube Holders Included
HORIZON 6 FA
Fixed Angle Routine Centrifuge
Max RCF: 1,850 xg
Max RPM: 3,900 xg
Weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
Dimensions: 12 x 14 x 9 in (30 x 36 x 23 cm)
Warranty: 2 years (lifetime on rotor)
- 3 cycles preset for routine lab needs
- "Set and lock" controls to one setting
- LED lid lighting indicates cycle status
- Designed, built, and supported in the USA
Easy to Use
Easy to Monitor
Process samples more efficiently. HORIZON's LED lid lighting is off when the centrifuge is ready to load, on when running, and flashing at the end of each cycle.
Engineered for Safety
- Capacity – Up to six (6) tubes
- Tube Sizes – 75, 100, or 125 mm (3-15 mL)
- Fixed Angle Rotor – Separate specimens at a fixed angle of 45 degrees
- Factory Presets – Three (3) easily selectable preset cycles (default or custom) based on CLSI guidelines and tube manufacturer IFU
- Set and Lock Controls – Switch between preset cycles, or lock to a single cycle with the easy-to-use two-button interface
- Intuitive Lid Lighting – Lid lights are off when the centrifuge is ready, on when running, and flashing when done
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Brushless DC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Quiet Operation – Enjoy a sound level of just 64 dBA
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety regulations and standards
- Height - 9 in. (23 cm)
- Width - 12 in. (30 cm)
- Depth - 14 in. (36 cm)
- Weight - 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Sound Level - 64 dBA
- Max. Acceleration Time - 20 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time - 20 Seconds
- Factory Setting Range - 1 to 30 Minutes (± 1%)
- Voltage - 95 to 253 VAC
- Frequency - 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements - 220 Watts
- Max Speed - 3,900 RPM
Preset 1: 3,900 RPM | 10 minutes | 1,600 xg (3-10 mL) or 1,850 xg (15 mL)
Preset 2: 3,800 RPM | 15 minutes | 1,500 xg (3-10 mL)
Preset 3: 2,200 RPM | 5 minutes | 500 xg (3-10 mL) or 600 xg (15 mL)
Manuals & Literature
HORIZON 6 FA Operator's Manual (International)
HORIZON 6, 6 FA, 12, and 24 Operator's Manual (English)
HORIZON 6, 6 FA, 6 Flex, 6 Flex FA Service Manual (English)
What is the warranty on Drucker's centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor - see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the HORIZON 6 FA?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.