Single Speed, Adjustable Time
- Fixed-Angle Centrifugation
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Mechanical Timer
- Single Speed
- 3250 Max RPM
- 1100 xg Max RCF
- UL Listed
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
The Model 614B centrifuge provides runtime flexibility and fixed angle processing at an affordable price. With a single g-force setting of 1,100 xg and an adjustable mechanical timer from 1 to 30 minutes, there is no need to select from a variety of complicated options. The 614B provides error-free chemistry and coag spins, every time. This unit is ideal for doctor’s offices, small clinics, laboratories, and anywhere specimens are analyzed on site.
Fixed Angle vs Horizontal Centrifugation
Fixed-angle centrifuges produce gel layers that may be susceptible to rupture during transport. These damaged samples must be re-centrifuged – a process the CLSI does not recommend due to its known negative effects on analytical results. For better gel layer formation, especially for tubes that will be transported, please consider horizontal centrifugation with the Model 642E or HORIZON series.
Model 614B Features
- Mechanical Timer – 1 to 30 minutes allowing for a wide range of applications
- Fixed-Angle Rotor – Fixed-Angle separations for up to six (6) tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 15 mL; up to 17 mm x 125 mm
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance stability
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Side Walls – Glass fiber reinforced nylon and high impact polycarbonate provide dual layers of safety protection
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US and Canadian safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 30 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 40 Seconds
- Timer – Mechanical, 1 to 30 Minutes; Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 (± 10) Volts
- Frequency – 60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 115 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Max Speed – 3,250 RPM
- Max Force – 1,100 xg
Frequently Asked Questions
Although you can physically install a horizontal rotor into the 614B, it will not obtain the specified speed. A better choice of centrifuge would be either the Model 642B or the Model 642E. Both of these centrifuges have a horizontal rotor already installed.
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends that the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 614B?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.
Designed, built, and supported in the USA