Rotor and Tube Holders Included
Single-Speed Electronic Centrifuge
Max RCF: 1,600 xg
Max RPM: 3,400 RPM
Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg)
Dimensions: 8.75 x 14 x 11.75 in (22 x 35.5 x 30 cm)
Warranty: 2 years (lifetime on rotor)
- World’s best-selling clinical laboratory centrifuge
- Two-button operation ensures maximum repeatability
- Single preset for all common chemistry needs
- Designed, built, and supported in the USA
Easy to Use
Engineered for Safety
A Great Value
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 3 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Electronic Timer – Preset to 10 minutes (+5%/-2%), selectable
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance stability
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Safety Lid Switch – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open
- Small Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety regulations and standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 10 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, 1 to 30 Minutes (+5%/-2%); Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 (± 10) Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Max Speed – 3,400 RPM
- Max G-Force – 1,600 xg (RCF)
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Manuals & Literature
No. If the intended voltage is not a standard 120V, 60Hz supply then either the HORIZON 6 or the HORIZON 6 Flex would be the correct choice of centrifuge.
What is the warranty on Drucker's centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor - see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642E?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.