Compact Routine Centrifuge
Ideal for Repeatability in Small Labs
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Horizontal Centrifugation
- 3 Cycles Preset for Routine Lab Needs
- Program Your Validated Cycles
- Lock Controls To One Setting
- LED Lid Lighting Indicates Status
- 2,000 xg Max RCF
- 2 Year Warranty
- Designed, Built, and Supported in the USA
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
The HORIZON 6 routine centrifuge makes it easier than ever to process blood and urine specimens. Its six-tube capacity and small footprint make it ideal for labs and point of care facilities where repeatability is key. Use the simple, two-button interface to program your validated cycles, or set and lock to one of three (3) preset cycles based on recommendations by tube manufacturers and the CLSI. Bright LED lid lighting is off when the centrifuge is ready to load, on when running, and flashing at the end of cycle. Horizontal and fixed angle models available.
- Capacity – Up to six (6) tubes
- Tube Sizes – Up to 75-100 mm (3-10 mL)
- Factory Presets – Three (3) easily selectable preset cycles (default or custom) based on CLSI guidelines and tube manufacturer IFU
- Set and Lock Controls – The two-button interface allows users to select a cycle, or lock to a single cycle with the press of a button
- Intuitive Lid Lighting – No more forgotten samples! Lid lights flash at the end of each cycle and continue flashing until the lid is opened
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- 2-Stage Horizontal Rotor – Drucker Diagnostics’ patented swing-out rotor design produces ideal horizontally separated samples
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Brushless DC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Quiet Operation – Enjoy a sound level of just 64 dBA
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards
- Height – 9 in. (23 cm)
- Width – 12 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14 in. (36 cm)
- Weight – 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Sound Level – 64 dBA
- Max. Acceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Factory Setting Range – 1 to 30 Minutes (± 1%)
- Voltage – 95 to 253 VAC
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 220 Watts
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/2 H.P. Brushless DC
- 3,600 RPM with Chemistry Preset Cycle
- 3,300 RPM with Coag – PPP Preset Cycle
- 1,900 RPM with Urine Preset Cycle
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Horizon 6?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.
Compatible With –
Interested in HORIZON Centrifuges? Request More Information
Designed, built, and supported in the USA