Rotor and Tube Holders Included
Capacity: 6 x 75-100 mm (0.5-10 mL)
Max RCF: 1,600 xg
Max RPM: 3,400 RPM
Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg)
Dimensions: 8.75 x 14 x 11.75 in (22 x 35.5 x 30 cm)
Warranty: 2 years (lifetime on rotor)
- Single preset speed for consistent processing
- Adjustable mechanical timer from 1 to 30 minutes
- Our most affordable horizontal centrifuge
- Designed, built, and supported in the USA
Easy to Use
The 642B is set to run at a constant 1,600 xg and features an easily adjustable mechanical timer that allows selection of cycle time from 1 to 30 minutes.
A Great Value
Unbeatable quality for any budget. Each unit arrives ready to run with a horizontal rotor, tube holders, and 2-year warranty included in the affordable price.
Built to Last
The 642B's reinforced components and brushless motor provide years of maintenance-free operation. The clear, shatterproof lid enhances lab safety.
The Model 642B is Drucker Diagnostics’ most affordable horizontal centrifuge. Set to run at a constant 1,600 xg, the 642B uses Drucker’s patented horizontal rotor technology, engineered materials, and an advanced cooling system to ensure that high quality sample separations are achieved and maintained throughout sample transport and analysis.
- Mechanical Timer – 1 minute to 30 minutes allows for a wide range of applications
- Horizontal Rotor – High quality separations for up to six (6) tubes
- Tube Sizes – 3 mL to 10 mL; up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance protection
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Side Walls – Glass fiber reinforced nylon and high impact polycarbonate provide dual layers of safety protection
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US and Canadian safety regulations and standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 10 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 80 Seconds
- Timer – Mechanical, 1 to 30 Minutes; Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 (± 10) Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Max Speed – 3,400 RPM
- Max G-Force – 1,600 xg (RCF)
Manuals & Literature
642B Operator’s Manual for Drucker Centrifuge 642B
How does the Model 642B differ from the 642E?
The Model 642B Centrifuge uses a mechanical timer for controlling the cycle time and the lid is non-locking.
What is the warranty on Drucker's centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor - see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642B?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.