for High Quality Analytical Results
Compatible With –
High performance provides the 1,500 – 2,000 xg nexcessary for platelet poor plasma (PPP) coagulation samples and the 500 xg required for sensitive urine samples. Using patented technology, the 642VFD-PLUS reduces blood separation processing times by 50% or more while minimizing the use of valuable counter space. The performance of the 642VFD-PLUS maximizes sample integrity by keeping your patient samples cool during centrifugation, by providing high quality gel separation layers, and by minimizing the presence of cells or fibrin strands in the serum or plasma. Programmable two-speed operation is simple yet flexible enough to be tailored to any application requiring 2,000 xg or less. With the built-in universal power supply and UL/CE safety approvals, the 642VFD-PLUS can be impremented to meet your global needs.
Model 642VFD-PLUS Features
- Electronic Timer – Preset to 10 minutes, selectable from 1 to 30 minutes
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation with Low Vibration – A double-encased motor assures quiet performance and low out-of-balance vibration
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechnical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 18 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, 1 to 30 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 – 230 Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Pre-set 1: 3,380 RPM (Blood, 10 Minute Run Time)
- Pre-set 2: 1,800 RPM (Urine, 5 Minute Run Time)
- Pre-set 1: 2,000 xg (Blood, 10 Minute Run Time)
- Pre-set 2: 500 xg (Urine, 5 Minute Run Time)
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642VFD-PLUS?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.