Higher G-Force and Speed
for all Specimen Processing
- Horizontal and Fixed-Angle Centrifugation Capabilities
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Single Button Operation
- Preset Speed and Runtime
- 3800 Max RPM (Horizontal) – 3900 Max RPM (Fixed-Angle)
- 2000 XG Max RCF (Horizontal) – 1600 XG Max RCF (Fixed-Angle)
- UL/CE Safety Approved
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
Compatible With –
Model 642VFD Features
- Electronic Timer – Preset to 10 minutes, selectable from 1 to 30 minutes
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation with Low Vibration – A double-encased motor assures quiet performance and low out-of-balance vibration
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Safety Lid Switch – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechnical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 18 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, 1 to 30 Minutes
- Voltage – 115-230 Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts; 230 Watts for 230V
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Speed – Up to 3,800 RPM (Fixed speed is programmable by operator)
- Force – Up to 2,000 xg (Fixed g-force is programmable by operator)
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642VFD?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.