Digital Speed and Time Control
for Variable Processing Needs
- Horizontal and Fixed-Angle Centrifugation Capabilities
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Digital Timer
- Digital Speed Control
- 3800 Max RPM, Horizontal – 3900 Max RPM, Fixed-Angle
- 2000 XG Max RCF, Horizontal – 1600 XG Max RCF, Fixed-Angle
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
Compatible With –
The Model 642VES is a variable-speed centrifuge designed for the doctor’s office or small lab. The scrollable time setting and digitial readout make it incredibly easy to use. Its compact design minimizes its footprint, leaving more room on your counter. The unique horizontal rotor design allows for the test tubes to be inserted into the centrifuge at a convenient 45 degree angle. They are then gently rotated to a full horizontal position as the motor accelerates.
Model 642VES Features
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Electronic Timer with Time Display – Scrollable time selection from 1 to 99 minutes (+5%/-2%)
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance stability
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechnical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 9 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 18 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, 1 to 99 Minutes (+5%/-2%) or hold
- Voltage – 115-230 Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- 500 – 3,800 RPM (Horizontal Rotor, Tubes up to 10 mL)
- 500 – 3,900 RPM (Fixed-Angle Rotor, Tubes up to 15 mL)
- 2,000 xg (Horizontal Rotor)
- 1,600 xg (Fixed-Angle Rotor)
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Model 642VES differ from the Model 642VFD?
The 642VES includes an LCD display for an enhanced user interface.
Can the Model 642VES spin 125 mm tubes?
Yes, but only if the fixed-angle rotor has been installed (purchased separately).
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends that the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642VES?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.