12VDC Horizontal Centrifuge
for Mobile Sample Processing
- Horizontal Centrifugation
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Electronic Timer
- Single Speed
- 3400 Max RPM
- 1600 XG Max RCF
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
Compatible With –
The Model 642M centrifuge is designed for the Home Health Nurse that is on-the-go. While running from vehicle’s 12V electrical supply, the 642M is designed to provide the ideal pre-analytic horizontal-sample-processing recommended by all blood collection tube manufacturers. Using patented technologies, the 642M reduces blood separation times by 33%, leaving more time to travel to the next appointment and less time waiting for completion of the centrifuge cycle. The unmatched performance of the 642M maximizes sample integrity by keeping your patient samples cool during centrifugation and by providing a high quality gel separation layer.
Model 642M Features
- Electronic Timer – Preset to 10 minutes for ideal gel separations; selectable from 1 to 30 minutes for general purpose use
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 0.5 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- 12 Volt DC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation with Low Vibration – A double-encased motor assures quiet performance and low out-of-balance vibration
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- 6 Foot Cord – Easily reaches the rear of your vehicle
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 10 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, Programmable from 1 to 30 Minutes; Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 12 Volts DC
- Max. Power Requirements – 100 Watts
- Protection Breaker – Fused – 15 Amps
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. DC
- Speed – 3,400 RPM max
- Force – 1,600 xg max
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642M?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.