Single Button Operation
for Consistent Sample Processing
- World’s #1 Clinical Lab Centrifuge
- Horizontal Centrifugation
- 6 Tube Capacity
- Single Button Operation
- Preset Speed and Runtime
- 3,400 Max RPM
- 1,600 xg Max RCF
- UL/CE Safety Approved
- 2 Year Warranty
Rotor and Tube Holders Included
The Model 642E is a compact single-speed centrifuge designed to provide the ideal pre-analytic sample processing performance recommended by all collection tube manufacturers. Using patented rotor technology, the 642E reduces blood separation processing times by 33% while minimizing use of valuable counter space for the doctor’s office or lab. The performance of the 642E reduces patient redraws by keeping your patient samples cool during processing, providing a high quality and stable gel layer, and maximizing sample integrity. It’s no wonder that the 642E is the world’s best-selling clinical laboratory centrifuge.
Model 642E Features
- Capacity – Up to six (6) 17 mm x 100 mm tubes
- Tube Sizes – 3 mL to 10 mL: up to 17 mm x 100 mm
- Electronic Timer – Preset to 10 minutes (+5%/-2%), selectable
- Brushless AC Motor – Years of operation with no routine maintenance
- Quiet Operation – A double-encased motor and the “stability mount” design provides excellent imbalance stability
- Cool Operation – Unique design of the convection based cooling system protects the samples even under the heaviest workloads
- Safety Lid Switch – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open
- Small Footprint – Compact design uses approximately 1 sq. ft. of counter space
- Automatic Lid Lock – Centrifuge will not run with the lid open and the lid cannot be opened while samples are spinning
- Positive Lid Latching – Firm mechanical latching of the lid prevents the escape of debris
- Clear Shatter Proof Lid – Allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced Guard Bowl – Provides maximum safety and durability
- Regulatory Approvals – Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety regulations and standards
- Height – 8.75 in. (22 cm)
- Width – 11.75 in. (30 cm)
- Depth – 14.0 in. (35.5 cm)
- Weight – 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Max. Acceleration Time – 10 Seconds
- Max. Deceleration Time – 20 Seconds
- Timer – Electronic, 1 to 30 Minutes (+5%/-2%); Preset to 10 Minutes
- Voltage – 115 (± 10) Volts
- Frequency – 50/60 Hz
- Max. Power Requirements – 165 Watts
- Protection Breaker – 4 Amp. Re-settable
- Centrifuge Motor – 1/30 H.P. Brushless AC
- Max Speed – 3,400 RPM
- Max G-Force – 1,600 xg (RCF)
- Rotor Radius – 5 in. (11 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty on Drucker’s centrifuges?
Drucker Diagnostics provides a two (2) year parts and labor warranty (except the rotor – see question below).
What is the warranty on the rotor?
All rotors carry a lifetime warranty. Should the rotor ever fail, for as long as you own your centrifuge, Drucker Diagnostics will replace it free of charge.
Will I need to purchase accessories for the centrifuge separately?
All of our centrifuges are sold complete with the rotor and tube holders. No additional accessories are necessary though there are additional options available for purchase.
How often should my centrifuge be calibrated?
Drucker Diagnostics recommends the centrifuge be calibrated every 2 years or 5,000 cycles.
What should be used to clean and disinfect the Model 642E?
ONLY isopropyl alcohol, soap and water, or a 10% (5,500 PPM) bleach solution should be used for cleaning and disinfection of the centrifuge and accessories. All surfaces must be dried immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
What cleaning solutions should be avoided?
TBQ Germicidal products should not be used as they will cause damage to the centrifuge and void the warranty. The use of fully/partially halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, esters, ethers, benzyls, ethyl benzenes, and all other chemicals not prescribed by Drucker Diagnostics should not be used as they may cause damage to the rotor chamber, rotor, tube holders, accessories, and centrifuge exterior. If this occurs the warranty will be voided.
Compatible With –
Designed, built, and supported in the USA